Rochester Creditor Harassment Lawyer
Stop Creditor Harassment
Have you been behind on your bills for a while and are now receiving threatening letters and harassing phone calls from credit collection companies demanding payment? Have they gone to extreme lengths to get a hold of you, including contacting your neighbors or your friends for information regarding your whereabouts?
Put an End to the Calls
When you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, an automatic stay immediately stops all creditor collection activity and lawsuits for a period of time. This means that any angry letters, calls, wage garnishments, liens or home foreclosure proceedings will cease.
I can help you learn more about how filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can benefit you when you contact my office at (585) 351-2929.
When Credit Collection Agencies Go too Far
While the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) was put in place to protect you from abusive credit collection behavior. Unfortunately, some debt collectors feel as though the rules don't apply to them. This is wrong and illegal. You have the right to legal action if debt collectors are engaging in the following:
- Constantly call you before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Lie about their true identity when they call you, i.e., say they are lawyers
- Threaten violent behavior or use profanity in phone calls or letters
- Harass your significant other or family members in order to get more information about you, besides your contact information
- Threaten to take away your property and send you to prison
- Charge additional fees when they are collecting from you
If you feel that a collection company has violated your rights under the FDCPA, or you want to learn more how you can stop creditor harassment for good, contact my law office.
Contact Robert A. Schwartz Today
Do you want to stop harassing creditor phone calls? Contact Canandaigua debt collection defense attorney Robert A. Schwartz today at (585) 351-2929, or contact him online. The law office of New York lawyer Robert A. Schwartz is located in Rochester, New York. Business hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.