Monroe County Bankruptcy Lawyer
When you need legal assistance with your difficult financial, home and estate issues, I, Robert A. Schwartz, can help you. I serve residents of Rochester, New York, and the surrounding areas from my law office located in Henrietta.
Through focused one-on-one consultations and a legal plan customized to fit your specific situation, I will help you navigate the unanticipated challenges in your life so you can confidently move forward. Contact my law office to discuss your legal matter with me.
As an experienced bankruptcy attorney in Monroe County, I can help you with:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Through Chapter 7 bankruptcy you can get a fresh start and discharge debts. I can help you determine if you are eligible and explain how bankruptcy can benefit you.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to reorganize your debts and get started on a payment plan. If you have mortgage arrears, Chapter 13 allows you to pay those arrears while stopping your lender from proceeding with foreclosure. Car loans can also be paid through Chapter 13 and if you have a high interest car loan, the rate will likely be greatly reduced. I represent clients in the Chapter 13 process by formulating the plan and preparing and filing your petition with the Court.
- Stopping foreclosure — I can help you understand how you can stop foreclosure on your house through filing bankruptcy, and what options you have for keeping it.
- Alternatives to bankruptcy — When you work with my firm, I will explain all bankruptcy alternatives, including information regarding consumer credit companies and creditor settlements.
- Stopping creditor harassment — I can help you identify ways you can stop creditor harassment, and I can assist with illegal creditor collection activity.
- Stopping vehicle repossession — In bankruptcy, you can put a stop to repossession and get your vehicle back as long as it has not yet been sold by the lender. I have the knowledge and resource to help you with vehicle repossession issues.
- Stopping wage garnishments — The filing of either a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy will stop any wage garnishment immediately.
- Credit card debt — When you file for bankruptcy, you can wipe out your credit cards in Chapter 7 and reduce their monthly cost in Chapter 13. I can provide you with the answers you need and help you develop a credit card debt relief strategy.
- Medical bill debt — Medical treatment is costly and can add up quickly. As your attorney, I will work with you to find a solution to your medical debt.
- Exempt property in bankruptcy — I will explain the type of assets you can keep during your bankruptcy. Most clients do not lose any property when they file. Married couples can retain up to $150,000.00 in equity in their residence as well as most other property. As part of the process, we will discuss your assets and determine if any of them pose an issue.
- Bankruptcy myths — There are many myths around bankruptcy. When I represent you, I can help you distinguish between bankruptcy facts and commonly believed misconceptions that lead many individuals to shy away from filing for bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy FAQ — I can provide answers to your questions about bankruptcy.
Real Estate and Estate Planning Attorney Serving Rochester and Monroe County
In addition to representing clients in bankruptcy, I also handle issues for clients in other practice areas, including:
- Real estate — If you are selling or purchasing residential or commercial real estate, I can answer your questions, review contracts and represent you through the completion of your transaction.
- Wills, estate settlement and powers of attorney — I can help you plan for the future by drafting wills and appointing health care proxies, and/or powers of attorney. I also represent executors and administrators in connection with probate of wills, establishment of estates, as well as the ultimate settlement of the estate.
Contact Robert A. Schwartz Today
I invite you to contact my law office to speak directly with me about your legal situation. I need to hear about your situation in order to determine what I can do to help you.
Contact bankruptcy attorney Robert A. Schwartz today at (585) 351-2929, or contact him online. The law office of New York lawyer Robert A. Schwartz, located in Rochester, New York, offers free initial bankruptcy consultations. Business hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.